Fees & Funding

At Philcox Gray we believe in providing high-quality advice and assistance to all our clients, regardless of ability to pay. We are well known for our commitment to legal aid.

Legal aid is still available in many cases, depending on means, including:

In Family & Child Law: Child care cases (where legal aid is available to parents and children regardless of their financial circumstances), domestic violence, forced marriage, child protection, international child abduction and also mediation.

Please note, if domestic abuse is an issue in your case, legal aid may also be available to you for other areas of family & child law, such as contact, residence or divorce.

In Housing & Public Law: Homelessness, possession, serious disrepair, unlawful eviction and judicial review

If you are not sure whether you are eligible for legal aid, please contact us and we can advise you.

Even if you are not financially eligible for legal aid, we may be able to assist you through fixed fees or a fee agreement (no win, no fee).

Divorce Fixed Fees

We have introduced fixed fees for divorce, which vary according to your financial circumstances, whether you are receiving benefits, and how complex your situation is. The most straightforward divorce will be a standard fee; we will always consult you before adding extra charges. If you are seeking help with a divorce, contact us to see what the fixed fee would be in your case. See our divorce service page for more information.

Housing Fee agreements

At Philcox Gray we are able to offer no win, no fee agreements for cases of housing disrepair if we feel that you have a strong case which would be likely to succeed at the county court in recovering compensation.

If you think that you have a case of serious disrepair, you should not hesitate to contact us so that we can assess your case and advise you about how we might assist you.

Alternatively, we may be able to offer you a fixed-fee interview, in which we would discuss your situation and  advise you on the best way to resolve your housing problems.